Monthly limit
Brendon
2004-11-05 18:02:55 UTC
OK, so there is no way of knowing how muchI download a month, but can anyone
answer this..

Does the 3GB per month (plan 2) take into account what I am uploading? i.e.
am I only allowed 1.5GB upload and 1.5GB download?

Or does it not matter how much I upload, as long as I dont go over 3GB of
download?

Thanks all

Brendon
John Cletheroe
2004-11-05 20:13:49 UTC
Post by Brendon
OK, so there is no way of knowing how muchI download a month, but can anyone
answer this..
Does the 3GB per month (plan 2) take into account what I am uploading? i.e.
am I only allowed 1.5GB upload and 1.5GB download?
Or does it not matter how much I upload, as long as I dont go over 3GB of
download?
Thanks all
Brendon
Brendon,

Have you tried emailing ***@virgin.net ? You're asking some very
reasonable questions and I think they'd probably give you the answers.
It might a few days though.

John
Dave (Sgt. Pepper)
2004-11-05 20:23:32 UTC
Post by Brendon
OK, so there is no way of knowing how muchI download a month, but can anyone
answer this..
Does the 3GB per month (plan 2) take into account what I am uploading? i.e.
am I only allowed 1.5GB upload and 1.5GB download?
Or does it not matter how much I upload, as long as I dont go over 3GB of
download?
Thanks all
Brendon
Erm, I think the clue is on the Virgin website where it describes it as a
3GB *download* limit.
--
Dave (Sgt. Pepper) Epsom, England
Nikon D2H / D100 / Coolpix 5700 / Canon Ixus 400 / Paintshop Pro 8
My photo galleries at http://www.pbase.com/davecq
DAG
2004-11-06 00:17:01 UTC
Post by Brendon
OK, so there is no way of knowing how muchI download a month, but can anyone
answer this..
Does the 3GB per month (plan 2) take into account what I am uploading? i.e.
am I only allowed 1.5GB upload and 1.5GB download?
Or does it not matter how much I upload, as long as I dont go over 3GB of
download?
Thanks all
Brendon
The 3 GB limit is for downloads only, that's made fairly obvious on the
Virgin home page.
There are a number of bandwidth monitoring programs available for free
that can monitor your usage, here's the link to one of them.
http://www.freewareseek.com/internet/470/
Brendon Pascoe
2004-11-06 13:08:56 UTC
Post by DAG
Post by Brendon
OK, so there is no way of knowing how muchI download a month, but can anyone
answer this..
Does the 3GB per month (plan 2) take into account what I am uploading? i.e.
am I only allowed 1.5GB upload and 1.5GB download?
Or does it not matter how much I upload, as long as I dont go over 3GB of
download?
Thanks all
Brendon
The 3 GB limit is for downloads only, that's made fairly obvious on the
Virgin home page.
There are a number of bandwidth monitoring programs available for free
that can monitor your usage, here's the link to one of them.
http://www.freewareseek.com/internet/470/
Thanks mate, have downloaded it, and trying it out now.

Regards
BRendon
Cinta
2004-11-10 22:40:39 UTC
Talking about this, have (m)any of you actually been/not been emailed by
virgin when you hit the limit (or many gigabites after)? And are they
already asking people for extra money per gig (as still advertised is to
happen later in the year)?

Happily

Cinta
John Cletheroe
2004-11-11 07:21:30 UTC
Cinta,

I don't know whether this info is any use to you: I'm not on broadband,
I'm on dial-up unmetered (24-Seven). I've made fairly extended use over
the last two or three months, involving a lot of big downloads, and so
far (touch wood) this hasn't provoked any reaction from Virgin Net.

John
Colin Hutchison
2004-11-12 01:05:15 UTC
I think the 3GB package doesnt really lend itself to downloading that much
in the first place....you could easily do that in a few days...?

Couldnt you just keep a mental note? Like ive downloaed x y and z so ill
hold off downloading any more until next month

(if you mainly just surf and not use p2p programs etc my apologies)

Col
--
====================================

You are not your fucking khakis.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/chef_dave
Brendon
Brendon Pascoe
2004-11-18 17:14:24 UTC
Post by Colin Hutchison
I think the 3GB package doesnt really lend itself to downloading that much
in the first place....you could easily do that in a few days...?
Couldnt you just keep a mental note? Like ive downloaed x y and z so ill
hold off downloading any more until next month
(if you mainly just surf and not use p2p programs etc my apologies)
Col
Col,

A mixture of both surfing and other activities. So in a way, yes kind of
hard to monitor. I believ they are introducing somthing along these
lines in the near future, if their response to my email I sent was
anything to go by....

Cheers anyway,
Brendon